prejudice

Megan - New Prague, Minnesota
Themes: prejudice

We all have biases and are ignorant in some way towered different cultures and even more so to different faiths. I am guilty of it to and truth is no one is perfect we all judge others it is one of the great human flaws to me. To me our ignorance and judgment of others is real our fear of the unknown we are scared to be open to others afraid that we will be hurt in some way. It’s ok to be afraid but when that causes us to look down on others and judge them because they are different then us it not only hurts the person but our society. This judging seems so true in the topic of religion, so many people shun and judge others that are not of their faith or try to convert them believing what faith they have chosen is wrong. What is wrong is being closed to others; if you look at different religions they teach peace and being open to others but that has seems to be blanked out in the determination to prove one’s faith is correct and all others are wrong. What if we were to be open to others faiths and beliefs, what would be different? Well the truth is not I nor do others know what could happen if people were to less bias and judgmental towered others faiths but I do see it helping in improving the world. No I don’t see it making the world perfect, if there is such a thing as perfection. The thing is look at the past millions have been hurt and killed because of someone’s ignorant to be open to the people’s faith. Instead they let their fears of the unknown stop them from being open to new things. No one is perfect at being less judgmental towered different faiths it takes work, for people it is easier to judge. I know for myself I have biases towered different people and their religion because of my past experiences and what was taught to me as a kid. Like I said it is work to not judge I have to keep reminding myself and practice not being so judgmental and be open to others faiths. I also have to practice forgiving the things that have happen to me in the past to let others in and to not shut them out because of the past. We all should practice being less disapproving towered people and their faith, and forgive what has happen in that past that my cause us to be critical. If we take the leap to be open and not fear the unknown we can learn so much from other beyond religion and faith, things that could better our well-being and make us a better person.