Working makes me happy

Jonathan - Rexburg, Idaho

Working makes me happy

The Creator has blessed me with a body that functions as designed. I also put much stock in the saying ” to whom much is given, much is required”. I believe that there is much required of me.

From early in my life, I was able to observe several hard workers. Two of which were my own parents. My mother worked to keep us children in-line, and my father worked to provide the basic necessities of life for our family.

At first work did not look like much fun, and the work which us kids were required to do wasn’t. The years rolled on and I was able to do work in dozens different employers, in many different locations. Some hot, some extremely cold, noisy, scary, and so on. I realized that I could make working enjoyable and fulfilling, by a simple self-challenge. I challenged myself to do the particular operation with more efficiency and accuracy than those who had been previous to me. This was not in order to secure additional financial benefits, but to learn all that could be learned in a given station.

I am typically not one to smile outwardly often. My smiles are to myself within, and I found that learning to work hard by challenging myself to be better caused me many smiles. The feeling of achieving that which had not been achieved before is worth every stress, every obstacle, and every bead of sweaty enduring. What you leave with is priceless.

Several months ago I was working on a cattle ranch on the Big Island, Hawaii. A thought came to me, which I agree with. It goes something like this… Convince them that you can do anything, and they will give you everything. As I thought more about it, I decided that I agree. If you are honest in demeanor and have a confident disposition, more responsibilities will be given to you. Then sooner you will move on to be in a lead position. As these changes are happening, monetary bonuses find their way to your hands and the best opportunities to excel are presented to you. It is great! The need to create, to do, runs strong in me. And this is where I find the most happiness.