Morgan - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe in the imperfect. As an individual, country, and society as a whole, all beings are strategically imperfect. No one person can solve the all of the world’s existing problems, nor can the society as a whole exist in peace. Yet what many people seem to overlook is the value these imperfections serve to all.

Individually, imperfections tend to be more difficult to see from the beholder’s eyes, yet these imperfections define a person’s true aspirations and motives. If a perfect personality was possible, the individual would cease to improve his or herself. At the time, these fatal flaws seem to hinder our aspirations, yet without these boundaries, there would be no incentive to succeed. For example, Albert Einstein had so many deficiencies that he at one point was thought to be mentally disabled. Despite this initial “imperfection,” he learned to utilize his strengths in a profound way that would never have been possible otherwise.

As a country, it is absurd to say that the United States is a utopia. America was founded on imperfection. The founding fathers were the castaways of Great Britain; many of whom who were even criminals or homeless. In the eyes of Great Britain, these prophetic, freedom seekers seemed incurably imperfect. Little did they know, these imperfections molded their characters into the independent thinkers that to this day, we admire. Our entire nation faces problems caused by imperfections daily, yet by continually striving for greatness, we use this ability to improve far beyond what was previously considered perfect.

As a society, no one can deny the ever-present imperfections that burden the many people of our world. As hunger and war increases, people begin to acknowledge the impact of the imperfections of our world. Unfortunately, many forget the millions of volunteers that spring to their feet at sight of these possible disasters. While many still starve daily, the hearts of many are continually devoted to the salvation of our Earth. If it weren’t for the millions affected by genocide and war, there would be no measure of value for the state of peace. If it were not for these devastating problems, there would be no spark to start the engines of the minds of great thinkers today.

Whether our biggest flaw lay in the individual, country, or society will continually be a mystery. Yet there is no denying the positive effects of this ever-powering presence. In order for a doctor to work, there must be illness. Without engine trouble, there can be no mechanic. Inevitably our very existence is based on the flaws within our being. There is no solution in which to strive without the ever-present flaw that exists in all of us.