Make The Best Out Of It

Timothy - 85044, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in the saying, “Make the best out of it.” It may not seem entirely practical, but even the bitterest of situations can be made sweet through a positive outlook to “make the best out of it.” The positive vibes that you can impose on people return only positive vibes back, which can always make the situation and life in general, better. As Arthur Rubinstein once said, “Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.” This profound statement underlies a simple outlook on life that will make one a happier person.

I realized this my second semester of my senior year, as the time was ticking down. Before I realized it, there were probably less than two months of school left. Many of these friendships I had developed through high school would soon come to an end as I would leave for college. Instead of looking at it that way, I decided to make the best out of the situation, and live it up. Yeah, I wouldn’t be seeing many of these friends too often anymore, so why not have the best of times now while we are still all together. Since then I have had the best times of my life. I have enjoyed every single minute of life and I could not ask for more. That is why I believe in having a positive outlook on life and making the best out of things.

Not only are friendships exemplified in this way, but new friendships are always easily constructed through a positive attitude. Always more approachable, a happy, nice, and true person provides an outlet for a strong friendship. I am glad that I developed this optimistic outlook on life, because it will help in meeting new people at college next year.

Having a positive attitude in a situation always produces a positive memory or experience from that situation. On a larger scale, always being optimistic and having a positive outlook on life will provide a happier and satisfying life. Life is what you make out of it, so why not make it a happy life. Happiness, what I believe is the true key to a successful life, will come in large amounts if you yourself are happy. This idea is reflected along through the statement that I have learned through my catholic religion: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” As long as you are having a good time, you will always be happy with life.