Rebecca - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe everybody has somebody.

I drive around town, seeing the homeless sitting on street corners. Do they have a family who is worrying about them or a friend who wonders where they are? They always seem so lonely, but I cannot begin to imagine that there is someone in this world who does not have someone else they can turn to.

Every night when I work, a homeless guy comes in to get a cup of coffee. He has some interesting stories that he is willing to tell anyone. We always give him a discount on his coffee because we know he does not have much money. He manages to find enough change every time, while still giving us the extra change in our tip jar. When I see him, I wonder if he is truly alone. I believe that there is someone out there who cares for him and only wants the best for him.

There are times when I feel that I am alone; that there cannot possibly be someone who is worrying about me. Through the years, I have learned that I am far from being alone. I am so thankful for having a group of close people who truly care about me. My mom is my number one fan; my supporter through anything I choose to do. My friends always have my back for any situation. Although I may feel alone sometimes, I know that I always have my friends and family to turn to when life gets too tough.

I believe that there is someone in the world for everyone. Not necessarily someone you may know, but anyone you may have crossed paths with at any point in time. Even the quickest meeting of a stranger can spark something special that can change your life. There is this instant connection and longing to learn more about this person. I think everyone has had moments where they truly care for a complete stranger and cannot imagine why. Losing someone close to you may seem horrible at first, but it helps you to realize that you have more people in your life that care about you.

Connections between people are fascinating and impossible to understand. Those connections are what help to make the world work the right way. It truly is something special when a person realizes that they were never alone and will never be alone.

I believe that no one is ever alone.