Goals and Dreams

Todd - inverness, Illinois

I believe that dreams and goals can be achieved. I believe that anyone can set their mind to something and accomplish it. Our country began because a group of people had a dream and a goal of becoming something more than what they were. They desired freedom and liberty. After a long war and the persistence through had times, it was accomplished and our country was born. Throughout history, people have had dreams and goals for themselves or the groups they represent. One of the best examples of this is Jackie Robinson. Robinson was one of the best baseball players to ever step onto a field. The fact that he was one of the first black men in the league, playing during the 1940’s and 50’s, makes his accomplishments even more incredible. His dream was to be able to play professional baseball on the same field as white people. Even with thousands of racist fans taunting him, he kept his cool and was able to become the player that he is remembered as. Robinson kept his goals and dreams in sight and was able to overcome insurmountable odds and become a Major League Baseball Hall of Fame inductee. Robinson is one of the many examples. Throughout my own life I have had goals and dreams, whether it’s a good grade or playing college baseball. I’ve been able to overcome troubles and difficulties and stay on the right path for success. I believe that everyone can accomplish their dreams with dedication, perseverance, and the right mind set.