I Believe In A Success

Marta - North Port, Florida

This I believe

I believe in success. I believe in a reaching success in all the areas of my life, all the consequences and problems that I am facing with. It is as if they are in my life with a purpose! They always help me to become more developed and stronger so that I can face much harder obstacles. Reaching success is very important to me. I hate failure, and that pretty much what is keeping me fighting for success until I reach the fullness of it. At least I am doing my best in reaching success, sometimes I even arrange to the situation in order just to solve the problem and reach success.

When I just moved to America two years ago from a small country in Europe it was hard for me to understand and talk in English. I hated to be in the position that I don’t know anything and don’t understand anything when I used to be the smartest in class and the one that can help others, and now I needed help. I’ve tried my best in learning a language. I was writing down almost all the words that were new for me and I carried a dictionary with me everywhere. I used to sit and translate a whole section even in my hardest class, history, in order just to understand what we were studying, do the assignment, and just to learn the language. In addition, even in the first semester of school here sprouts began to appear from the soil. In three months, the ESOL program in my school transferred me to the class with a higher level of English. There we were writing essays, reading one book a week, doing FCAT practices. It was very hard for me at first, but I put all affords in to it and my level of English kept increasing day by day.

What eventually happened was that I passed the FCAT on the second time I took it, and it hasn’t been even two year of me being here. I also was one of the 12 seniors out of 96 students in my school that took that exam at the same time with me and passed it. I was just doing my best and I reached success in that area. I believed in success. I did not just believe in success but I was doing my best in order to reach it.

I did not stop on that. Those obstacles that I already overcame just helped me to become more developed and stronger so that I can conquer higher mountains. I kept doing my best in all of my classes because I still had a lot to learn. I wasn’t just all into studies, I started drawing and painting, I liked ART. In the first year of me taking those courses, I won a third place on one of the county’s art shows. Later on, in the beginning of my 12th grade I was nominated as “A Most Improved Senior of the Year,” by two teachers in our high school. I thought I didn’t deserve it because there were a lot of good students in our high school, but those teachers said that we chose you because you improved a lot for those two years that you have been here. A couple weeks ago, a Most Improved Student Program rewarded me for all accomplishments, and I was the first one on the list receiving an award! I got a brand new computer of the newest version, and an amount of money. Again, because I did my best throughout the year, success didn’t pass me by and I received a lot more that I expected more than I wanted to.

Now I don’t want to stop on that too. I know that there is a lot more for me to accomplish and it would be foolish for me to stop. I believe in success and that I can be successful in almost everything I do when I do things to the fullness of my potential. Now, after graduating, I’m planning to go to college, and I don’t think it’s going to be easy! I want challenges. I don’t want to be afraid of them. I want to reach the success. I hate failure. I want to go on and that’s why I believe in success.