Everyhing Happens For a Reason

Jori - Idaho
Themes: purpose

Have you ever asked yourself the questions: Why does this have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? I know I have and I believe everything happens for a reason.

We all go through life living everyday the best we can. There is days in our lives that everything goes the way we planned. There are days that nothing in our lives seems to be going right. Then the questions come: Why is this happening to me? What am I doing to deserve this? We have our good days because we are being positive and happy. Our bad days come when we have poor attitudes and are angry. We all send out positive and negative vibes. What ever vibes we send out we attract the same vibes back in. I’ve learned the days I wake up late and I’m running behind are the days I send out negative vibes because my patients are short and everyone makes me angry. The days I’m extremely happy nothing seems to go wrong. The people I associate with return the same happy attitude.

I believe people come and go in our lives for a reason. We meet all sort of people everyday, but there are a certain few that just show up at the right time. Some people come into our lives as friends when we need to have someone to talk to the most. Boys/girls come into our lives as our boy/girlfriends when were searching for that companionship. Their there to make us realize how truly important we are as individuals and help us realize we deserve the best. They help us realize what we’re truly wanting in our future spouses. They may even help us realize what we don’t want in our future spouse. I know I don’t always realize why they were in my life until after they are gone. There are some people that have been in my life that I still don’t know why they were. Or why it was such a short time they were in my life, but were well worth my time.

I believe unexpected sickness and surgeries happen for a reason. It was about a month and a half ago that I had an unexpected surgery. I was awakened from a dead sleep with an extremely sharp pain in my lower right abdomen at four-thirty in the morning. I was lying in bed trying to control the pain as long as I could so I could just go to my family doctor when they opened and avoid the emergency room costs. Well, my pain began to get worse and worse so I decided I better just go up to the emergency room. For all I knew it could be my appendix getting ready to burst. Come to find out I had two ovarian cysts, one on each side. The emergency room doctor told me that there is really nothing to do for cysts, but to give me pain killers and that the cysts should drain and go away in three days. He said if my pain worsens or doesn’t respond to the pain medicine to come up and see him again. He also told me to get into my women doctor. A week passes bye and I’m still in horrible pain. I made me an appointment in the mean time to see my women doctor because I knew something was wrong. I went to my appointment and ten minutes into it I had a surgery scheduled for the next morning. Come to find out my cysts were over the surgical removal requirements. During my surgery the surgeon ran into complications because I had endometriosis so bad, which caused my large cysts, he had tons of excess tissue to remove. If it wasn’t for this unexpected surgery my dream of a future family wouldn’t have been possible.

Therefore, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Even if you don’t know what the reason is at the time you will eventually know later on down the road. Sometime the trials we go through have hidden miracles.