Regret

Rebekah - Port St. Joe, Florida

My life has been pretty normal to say the least. The thing that makes me a little different, I believe, is that I truly have no refrets. My life has happened the way, in my opion, as it was supposed to. The reason I believe in this so much is, because all my life I have listened to my mom. She has always told me she wishes she could have done better. Mom thinks she should have been a better mother to me, but, she doesn’t stop to think of the things she did that I will never forget, and makes me who I am. She is the one person that has told me my whole life to take one day at a time. I try my best to do this everyday of my life; I know that tomorrow is not guaranted. She has taught me her pattern in order for me to be strong and and to stand up for what I believe in. This enabled me not to let anyone take from me, what i believed.

My dad wishes he would have taken advantage of the opportunity that presented itself when he graduated high school. This opportunity was getting his college paid for, because he played baseball extremely well. I wish for him he would have followed his dream, but, of course then again nothing would have been the same. He and my mom wouldn’t have gotten married and had me. So, my piont still stands; things always happen for our best, and we shouldn’t try to change them. I live my life every day knowing that I am not going to regret what I do. My making mistakes have made me who I am, and because of good advice I believe I am the best my parents have tried making me to be. Why regret something you can not change, and why should I want too. Why should I bring the worries of yesterday into today when, the way I am has made me honest and truthful?