Extraordinary People doing Extra Ordinary Things!

Mercedes - Mountain Ranch, California
Themes: family, love

My sweet grandma and i have a really special bond and i am proud to say she is my best friend and pretty much anything i could ever ask for. We are like peanut butter and jelly. Nineteen years ago, when i was brought into this world i met one of the most beautiful, loving people in the world. My grandma is a wonderful person to get to know, her personality is definitely her main attraction, her love and kindness towards other people is unexplainable. You would never in a million years believe that all these attributes come from such a small woman. My grandma stands no higher than five feet, two inches tall and weighing no more than four 30-packs of beer. She is a real classy woman but has the personality of a Chihuahua. A small dog with a big personality, a bit fiesty but prized for its compassion and affectionate nature. My grandma may look small and delicate but her fiery personality will alert you immediately that she is not a person to be taken lightly, and my brother will tell you that she has a mean right hook. I look at her and see the tanned skin, green freckled eyes that remind me of a kiwi, along with her mahogany brown hair with several gray highlights. She is the type of woman that cares for anybody. With no doubt she would graciously give you her left arm if you really needed it, because she needs her right one to write with. In the sixty-six years of her life and counting she is a wife, a mother, grandma, friend, and overall an extraordinary woman. She loves to love, loves to give and is always there on the drop of a dime. My grandma would wake me up at six-thirty every Sunday morning to go to church. I would go an sit on the hard wood pews and sat there which seemed like forever. Going to catechism I learned that it is the little things in life that you need to be greatful for, and never take life for granted. Even though I dreaded waking up before the sun rose, going to church I now look on the bright side of life. Without these early awakenings i wonder who I’d be today. My grandma has taught me so much, taught me to be the good person i am today, and taught me to love. Listening to her tell me stories, and sing me songs has made a impact in my life and in others. It’s truly the small things in life you have to enjoy, and just someone can make a difference. This I do Believe.