I Believe in One love

Kylie - Sullivan, Missouri

I believe in what Bob Marley says, “One love, One heart, Lets get together and feel alright.” I believe in this because even though everyone in this world is different for many reason such as race, religion, or just simply how they dress but that shouldn’t keep us from coming together as one and having one love for one another. Last summer is when I realized the true meaning of one love and decided to live my life by the words, one love. It all started when I moved in with two of my best friends who had been my friends since elementary school. One day we all got into a huge blow out fight that got way out of hand which tore us apart at that time. After not talking for a few days I realized that we can’t keep living like this if we all live together and have been such good friends for so long and we couldn’t let a silly fight come between us. We may not have forgot what had happen but we did forgive each other. After that fight I got us all bracelets that said One Love on them. The bracelets symbolized the one love we had for each other because we let things go and didn’t judge each other for what had happen. After having the feeling of loosing at least one of my two best friends I learned that we should trade the hate for love. One love means to come together as one know matter what our differences may be.

Another reason I live by one love is because of my family. I have done a lot to my family to hurt them. You name it and most likely I’ve done it. After living on my own and seeing how me and my friends forgave each other and how after all those times I hurt my family we still managed to stay as one family. You can’t judge someone for the mistakes they have made and when they try to make up for it, I believe in giving them another chance and showing them the one love by forgiving and coming together. If my family and I would never forgive each other, I wouldn’t have a family at all.

I have seen how people are treated in this world due to their race, religion, or beliefs and I feel we should not hate or judge someone because the color of their skin or what they may believe in, its whats inside the person that matters. If everyone would come together, stop the hate, stop judging, and start forgiving and excepting people for who they are we would feel alright.

I got the tattoo of One Love last summer to always remind me how two words can have such a strong impact, what I want to live by. If someone can’t except you for who you are, then they have yet to learn the true meaning of One love.