I believe there is life after death

Shontai - Reading, Pennsylvania
Themes: death

I believe that there is life after death. While I myself have never had a near death experience, I strongly believe that there is life after our spirits leave our bodies. Over my lifetime I have had to witness the passing over of many loved ones. I would be feeling extremely saddened at the prospect of not physically seeing them again. I had always accepted the usual phrase that they are in a better place in heaven with the Lord. After funerals I would see images or people that looked exactly like my loved one that had passed. I never really stressed the point to others out of the fear they would think that I was crazy or needed professional help. Not knowing if it was just their spirit shining through to let me know that they are okay and looking after me so I should not be sad.

In June of 2007 one of the greatest impact on my life was the loss of my little brother from a terrible accident. It seems to me that after this loss my faith had became a lot stronger. My mind would retreat back to the days of sitting in church and having all my Sunday school lessons flowing through my head. I had the urge and the need to better understand the lessons that I was once told. I can still remember many late nights of sitting, reading the bible seeking the answers on why death had to be a part of life. My mother and I would talk constantly about different verses to read as a coping method, but it was within those lessons that I had gained my understanding of life and death.

The bodies that we have are not ours, but just a way of being seen here on earth by others. When we die our spirit leaves and returns home to be with the Lord. At the interment of a loved one it is always said ashes to ashes dust to dust: from dust we came we will return to the earth. All these sightings of ghost or people witnessing objects moving could easily be those of family member watching over us. God is never seen except for those in which they see the miracle of life before them, but those of us who has the faith believes that he is here on earth with us just as invisible as the air we breathe. So with the thought that God can be here and he is the Holy Father why can’t the rest of us be spirits.

Further testimony to my belief, at my brother’s interment my mother wanted to experiment to see if my brother’s dog, who before his death would whine if my brother was at least a block away, would whine at the casket. My brother was wearing close that he had previously owned so they still had the scent that he had on them. When the dog was at the grave yard he never paid the casket any attention. I was holding him and walked him all around and near the casket and not one whine. This gave us further proof that the spirit of my brother was not in the casket where his body laid. The dog did not care for the scent when he was alive it was the spirit that he wanted when he whined. My brother was not with us on the day of his funeral, just the body he had worn while on Earth.