Abstinence Equals Purity

Darrik - El Mirage, Arizona

Abstinence Equals Purity

“Abstinence is the great strengthener and clearer of reason.”

-Bishop Robert South

My belief is that abstinence is the way to stay pure. Too many teens today are pregnant and already have babies because they weren’t safe. To me they chose temptation and became impure. Purity is the greatest gift you have as an individual. In my opinion this is one of the greatest gifts God can give you. Abstinence is the way to show that you have the strength to resist temptation. To some they can’t wait to lose their virginity but to some like me it is sacred. Sometime ago I took my devotion to abstinence by taking an oath and receiving a ring that is worn on my left ring finger as a symbol of my devotion.

Many people make fun of me because of this but I tell them that by doing this I have more strength, devotion, and willpower to resist the urges of sex and become a healthy, rich person. I’ll become richer than any person who owns “money” because I have shown that it is possible and can be achieved. When I hear people making fun of abstinence it is the people who don’t understand the willpower behind it and will possibly get something bad in return as in venereal disease. To me abstinence is no joke.

Years ago only few believed in abstinence but now many teens are taking that extra step to be pure. As more teen celebrities speak for abstinence-more teens are realizing it’s ok to be pure whether it be in the name of God or for their own purpose. People are realizing the great things purity has to offer. They are finally understanding why people take this vow in the first place. Abstinence is also a way to show trust. It shows that throughout the time you’ve lived you have been pure and the one you love will be the first one to share your gift with. Honestly I think clean gifts lead to clean relationships.

In the end I believe you should be proud that you saved yourself for a special person and kept your gift clean. Be proud in your choice and just believe in yourself. I have made the best choice I believe in and so have many others and the thing you believe is the way you live. So a question to make you think is in the future would you like to share a clean gift or give away a dirty one? For I believe abstinence is the best way to be looked at in both the eyes of your peers and in the eyes of God. This I believe.