Parental Guidance

Rachael - -, California

I believe in parental guidance and love. Love is shown to me most by my parents and inspires me to find a love like the love they share.

Along the lines of love is patience. If my mother didn’t have patience, I believe that that would be one of the contributors to fighting or opposition in my parents’ relationship. From being so in love and patient with each other they have created their happiness. Not in riches, but in their offspring, family, as well as the company of each other. They found that all they need is each other to have true happiness.

My parents have had many of life’s trials and somehow survived and conquered them. From these trials they learn and understand how to overcome these trials. They passed some of the hardships down to my siblings and myself and taught us how to be successful in upcoming trials. My parents have taught me endurance and courage. I have learned to have everlasting endurance and to never give up no matter what I come up against.

I was taught to just suck it up and make do the best I can in all things in life. Through their actions I have learned I can make my own decisions. It’s up to how I react to these decisions and consequences I make from my actions. My parents have also taught me at a young age to accept my consequences. It’s my life and I have to suffer the consequences from my actions. Among the many things my parents have taught is that nothing is final. From their love and patience they will always help me and guide me when I am in need of their help. My parents taught me to have my own mind. Instead of believing all of what I hear I try to listen and decide what is right and wrong. I am my own person and nothing will stop me from being me.

My mom taught me how to use my brain to the best of my ability. I love to learn like her. I take the things I learn and decipher if I believe things are true or not. Knowledge is important to me. Any information I tend to gorge myself to know the exact truth and knowledge of it. When and if someone tries to prove me wrong when I know I’m right; I persist to show them they are wrong. If they don’t let up I just shut my mouth and keep quite. I usually just keep my mouth shut from fear that I will get mad and blow up in someone’s face. Another trait I received from my dad. From my mom I have a strong determination that tries to keep the anger and lack of patience somewhat contained. From my parents everlasting love I have been taught life’s lessons and I have the aspiration to follow them for the chance of being successful.