Alex - Palatine, Illinois

Serendipity- An aptitude for making desirable discoveries on accident; good fortune, luck. In this, I believe. That all things happen for a reason, and that everything is means to the right end. Even when that end seems obscure or irrelevant, there is a cycle of life which ends in good, and every person has a right to this cycle of life. That every person, regardless of country, color, or creed has the indisputable and unhindered ability to achieve happiness, as long as they allow themselves such. I believe that, though everyone has this right, not everyone accepts the gift of goodness into their lives, and there are even some who would do everything in their power to oppose such a freedom for themselves and everyone around them. This is because the foremost way to be a person living in serendipity, is to be completely at one with yourself, to be confident in who you are, what you stand for, and where your going. To live a life free of regret, where the only limits are the ones you set for yourself, and in setting no limits, the possibilities are endless. In short, to live in serendipitously is to be comfortable in your own skin, and thus to have no reason to judge, criticize, or scrutinize others. To be real. And yet, there are those throughout history, who have failed to recognize this right within themselves, who have been insecure, unconfident, lacking and have chosen to, instead of embracing themselves, torment others. Try to tear others from their own inalienable right to happiness, through tyranny, war, and injustice. Yet even in the process of what they hope is to achieve their own ends, these same tyrants, warlords, and criminals can’t realize that everything they’ve done, and everything they can do attributes to the larger cycle of life, and that while they may feel slight power in terrorizing, and marauding, serendipity continues unhindered, and while one person loses their home to poverty, and another loses their life to war, ten more people are joined in a spirit of goodness in aid of those whom the injust attack, and so it goes on. So, I believe that one day, perhaps not today, perhaps not tomorrow or perhaps not for a hundred years, the people who would make this world hunger, who would make this world pain, and who make this world misery will look into themselves, find the happiness in their own lives, and leave the rest to serendipity.