I Believe in a Walk with Christ

Justin - Barrington, Illinois

I believe in a daily walk with Jesus Christ. I believe that every step taken holds a purpose, and I believe that those who choose to believe have a path made out for them.

The Christian life in no manner was created to be a path of relative ease. Life’s struggles tend to be greater, but the blessings and the growth derived from the pain in life is also much greater. Walking in a world of corruption and spiritual desiccation, it is clear to genuine Christians that the only path to the eternal salvation is through faith in Christ. The spiritual blessings that come from accepting the secure hand of Christ is inexplicable. Matthew 6:33-34 states: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” These verses state that as long as our sights are on the heavenly treasures, the treasures that hold value beyond comprehension, everything will be given unto us.

I am high school senior, about to graduate in 3 weeks time. Accepted to Emory University in Atlanta, and following God’s calling to the medical career, I am often unsure of what the future holds for me. However, what I do know is that my life is secure in the hands of God, and that the daily worries will not get me anywhere. Each day has enough trouble of its own. The security of knowing that I have blessings waiting in heaven is my source of strength and hope.

How often do we forget that the Lord’s eyes are on us? When we feel or think that we are alone, think again. When we are in the ditch and no-one is there to take us out, think again. When the enemy comes to you at your weakest, look unto the Father who is also standing not too far away from you. Find your comfort in Jesus who will be your security. Count it as pure joy to know that no matter what comes your way today, your security is in the Lord. Security in the Lord is knowing that you completely trust in the Lord and that He will work all things out according to His will for your life.

Regardless of where each person goes in there daily lives, or what they do, knowing that there is an eternal security in the walk with Christ should be enough to drive their lives. This I believe. I believe in a daily walk with Jesus Christ. I believe that every step taken holds a purpose, and I believe tat those who choose to believe have a path made out for them.