Love Is All You Need

Victoria - Corry, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

An Anonymous quote dictates, “We were given: Two hands to hold. To legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find.” This brings to mind a sort of feeling of destiny. As humans, we can hold everything from a stick of gum, to a life in both hands, we can run from our fears on both legs, we can see the world in both eyes, and hear the best and worst stories of our lives in both ears. It’s hard to believe that one heart is given to beings that can do so much. When we find that other heart, out there among billions of other beings like us, the power that we can hold within us is an unstoppable force.

I believe in the power of love in the human heart.

We as individuals are so resilient. We can weather natural disasters, pandemic viruses, and times of great economic stress with virtually no dent in our hearts. We can be so kind…yet so unspeakably cruel, especially to our fellow man. It’s amazing to me, just how cruel some people can be. In a race of beings that created such wonderful things, such as cars, music, movies, and chocolate…how could we be so susceptible to the evils of war, the stings of corruption, the hatred of racism, and the tragedy of death?

And despite all these cruelties we can bring, we still find a way to love.

Our hearts are amazing machines; they work hard to provide us with life, but can be broken with a word. They can soar when we are embraced and they are filled with forgiveness. They can be filled with the brightest lights and the darkest shadows, the most sureness and the most doubt. They can be clouded with fondness, and tainted with hatred. They can remember every break, and every ounce of pain, but also hold the fondest memories that we have.

I personally can remember every detail about the first love I ever had just as well as I can remember the details surrounding the worst heart break I’ve ever beheld. I believe that our hearts hold onto all these memories, rather than our minds, so that we can understand what makes us stronger and what could possibly hurt us.

Have you ever noticed how, when your heart breaks, that everything feels like it couldn’t get any worse? Just when you feel like your life could end, your heart somehow pulls itself back together and continues to beat just as strongly as before. And, no matter how many times that it breaks, we always manage to find that strength to give our hearts away again. It is truly amazing.

When in presence of that missing heart, our hearts become stronger and flourish through adversity. All previous pains become irrelevant and the light is given to the shadows that may have formed there. There is nothing as beautiful as that feeling that comes when you find what you’ve been searching for all of your life. Life so swiftly changes, from being one, in a world of individuals, to a pair that can take on anything, side by side.

I imagine what they say is true, “We were given: Two hands to hold. To legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find.”