I appreciate teachers

Lilyana - Concord, California

I appreciate teachers

I believe that teachers play a big role in everyone’s life, because they help us become knowledgeable and prepare us to succeed and realize ourselves in life.

The one teacher I will never forget is my Biology teacher from Bulgaria, Ms. Politova. She demanded respect, but treated us with the same, and expected her students to be cordial to each other. She was very strict and exacting because she wanted us to learn. Her lectures were always interesting. Ms. Politova was capable to make otherwise difficult subjects easy for us to understand and remember. She had travelled a lot, attended every Biology convention, and gave us information about the latest developments and research in Biology. That made us become very interested in the subject that she taught. I loved the time we spent in the Biology laboratory. There was a large variety of equipment for different experiments, such as instruments, microscopes, and plastic exponents of the human body. Ms. Politova inspired me to love Biology. She was not only a good teacher, but she was a caring and supportive person too. She would stay after school and during holidays to help any one that wanted extra help. My teacher always challenged me to be the best, which in return helped me prepare for college. I applied to the “Dr. K. Vezenkov”- Medical College and I was accepted based on my knowledge and grades in Biology.

I remember my teachers from Bulgaria. Some of them remain in my life as good friends. Here in the USA I am a student again and I can say that I have wonderful and erudite teachers. They have pleasant personalities and it is a pleasure for me to attend their lectures.

I deeply appreciate all my teachers and respect them for their hard work. The knowledge, care, and encouragement that I receive from them are something I will always remember and cherish.