Life is Perfect when you’re a child

Jocelyn - Phoenix, Az 85009, Arizona
Themes: family, setbacks

When you are a child everything seems so perfect. Especially when you get everything you want by your parents. Life seems like a wonderland. My whole life was a wonderland before bad things happened. My mom would take me to school and my dad would pick me up after work. We would go out to eat on the weekends as well as camping together in summer vacation. Next thing you know my mom got pregnant with my brother who is now sixteen. I was so excited because I was going to have a little brother and someone to play with. We would travel together because my dad was a trucker, we come go to Arizona because back then we lived in California and we would have so much fun when we would go to Las Vegas. A couple years later our parents told us that we are going to have another little brother. We were so happy. My little brother is five years old now. My life was still perfect at the age 11.

Later on we received bad news. Our parents told us that we are going to have to move to Arizona because living in California was getting to expensive. We moved to Arizona and that’s when my life became difficult. My life was not a wonderland anymore. My parents started having problems and arguments very often. I would just go to my room with my brothers and cry. My dad also tried looking for a job in Arizona but wasn’t able to find one. He decides to stay in California and didn’t even call us to see how we were doing and didn’t send us money for some months. In one lonely and sad day, he called me and told me that he was not going to come back because my mom and him weren’t getting along anymore. Those words are still in my mind and unanswered questioned remain in me. I would not go out, I would stay in bed and I was depressed for a couple of weeks. My dad was my life, especially because I was daddy’s little girl and I still cry for him even though I know he is not coming back one day, even though four years have passed. I surely believe that you should let your parents know how much you love them, how much you should appreciate them because you never know what can happen tomorrow.