The Everlasting Triumph with Civil Rights: What I Believe

Luke - Round Hill, Virginia

The Civil Rights Movement of America was summarized by Martin Luther King Jr. when he stated that” All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem”, meaning that when the United States supposedly fixes one problem, they create another. The United States government is to blame for the past inaction that took place regarding the Civil Rights Movement in America. I believe that all men are created equal under the law of God, regardless of state or country they are born into. I believe Civil Rights are an international issue, but that the United States must lead by example in this cause, which they have not. Past occurrences of political inaction regarding Civil Rights, such as Brown v. Board of education which found “separate is not equal”, did not have any effect until the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If we wait like we have in the past, oppression will continue throughout our generations to come. It had to take a woman from Alabama, in her forties, to get so entrenched in disbelief and exhaustion, to refuse to keep up with any more of Americans malarkey. We cannot afford to wait for another Rosa Parks to come along every generation before another peoples movement occurs. I believe that Civil Rights are for all men and women, regardless of citizenship. We cannot afford, in the current society and ruthless political world we live in, to be rued by the Gods of wealth and power. It is our job as humans to secure these rights, but not to force them upon others.

One cannot judge the worth of one man’s life over another, whether it be through race, skin color, ethnicity, or social prowess. As man matures through time, more issues seem to circumvent throughout the area regarding Civil Rights. When talking about Civil Rights, many persons want to limit it to just one issue. This simply cannot be done. The issue of Civil Rights is not an issue of America, but of the world, being that it is an issue, with more meanings than that of a social, political, theological, or philosophical sense. This issue is imbedded into every persons mind and body upon birth, without even knowing it. Prejudice, racism, and discrimination is seen throughout America on a daily basis, but what we do as a younger generation will define the future issues of the Civil Rights Movement. I believe the issue of Civil Rights still vastly exists today in America. The sad truth in this matter is history. History has put us in an upward climb with racial tensions from the past, assassinations, slurs, and other various incidents. The ark of history will decide the true fate of the Civil Rights Movement. I believe with intense passion, that it is a curable issue that we will cure, through peace, kindness, and an re-evolution of man kind.