I believe having children changes ones life

Nicole - queen creek, Arizona
Themes: children

I Believe Having Children Changes Ones Life

My this I believe essay is about how child birth changed my life. Little did I know when I had my children that my outlook on life would change! Growing up I always said “I will never have kids” and now I cannot see my life without them. When I first found out I was pregnant with my son I was terrified. My priorities did a complete turnaround when I was pregnant. I had many changes to make before my son was born. My lifestyle was the biggest yet the easiest to change, I went into some kind of “mother mode”. I started weeding out friends because my son didn’t ask to be here I made him and it is my responsibility to give him the best I could.

When I went into labor I had nothing but fear of the unknown. Regardless of the hours I spent reading every book ever published on childbirth I still had no idea what to expect. My pregnancy was not exactly textbook it was one that if you had not taken a pregnancy test you would never have known you were pregnant. When I gave birth and they put my son in my arms I knew my life had only just begun. This precious life was dependant on me and I was not going to fail him.

I was at that point not afraid of childbirth until about four years later and another missed cycle. My second pregnancy was in light terms nothing like my first. All the scary things that were mentioned in the books were coming through loud and clear. I thought that for sure my second pregnancy would be similar to my first but I was sadly mistaken. I had a whole new set of changes I would have to make. How was I going to divide my time to accommodate two kids, work and a husband? Once I stopped stressing on what I was going to do things just started flowing naturally as if it were already planned out. When I gave birth to my daughter nothing mattered to our but my new addition to the family. When I brought my daughter home everything went better than I could have ever planned. My family and new friends welcomed me home with open arms willing to help in any way possible. The only thing that I miss about my life before is the ability to take a nap anytime I want.

In my belief we all have changes that are going to happen as we get older. When you bring another life into this world you don’t realize the changes you will make until you have to make them yourself; and there is nothing you can do to prepare for it. All the books you can read and research you can do, will never fully prepare you for childbirth.