Be nice, no matter what.

laura - hollywood, Florida

I believe in always being nice to people.

I’ve had many situations where people haven’t been nice to me. Maybe they didn’t mean to be mean to me, but it just happened. I don’t want to be that person that makes someone down, that’s why I’m always nice to people. Even if I’m mad, you won’t see me taking it out on an innocent person.

The other day, I wasn’t too nice to one of my classmates. We got into a big argument over nothing, later that day I found out something that had happened to her over the weekend, her grandmother had passed away. I felt horrible. As if the whole world was looking down on me. I shouldn’t have been mean to her; I didn’t have any idea of what she was going through.

Another reason why I believe in being nice to people no matter what, is because you never know what makes them act the way they are acting. And I would hate to be the one that makes whatever they’re going through harder because of something mean I said.

The first day that I started a Chaminade I was really scared. It was a new environment, new kids, new teachers, new pencils and new notebooks. For some reason I thought the kids weren’t going to be very nice to me, but it turns out that everyone I met seemed to be extremely friendly and welcoming. Just by everyone being so nice to me, I completely forgot about my fear of being in a new school.

I strongly believe in happiness at all times. Moments being sad are moments spent. If I can make someone go from sad to happy, I’d be pretty satisfied. Now I hope all of you understand why I strongly believe in being nice to people, at all times, no matter what.