Always Think Positive

Amal - USA

Four years ago, on March 26, 2005, my 18 year old brother died in a car accident. He was on his way back home from another city when his car crashed into a divider on the highway and he died right on the spot. We were all devastated to learn that my brother was no more. I was in shock for 3 days and I couldn’t believe that it had actually happened. As time went by, we all started to return to our normal routines, but it was very difficult for me to forget that night. I often suffered flashbacks and was unable to sleep at night. I told my mom the problems that I was having, and this is what she told me: Always think positive, even when it seems that the world has come to an end. Behind every bad thing that happens to you, there is good reason. I started to think about what she had said to me and I realized that she was right. I believe that even though my brother is not in this world anymore, he is in a better place: Heaven. He is free from all the problems that people have to face everyday. He is happy, I hope, and he’s at peace. I also believe that he watching over me like a guardian angel. Now, whenever I miss my brother a lot and I feel that I can’t go on, I think of what my mom said to me. I believe all these things and it makes me feel content inside. Thinking positive is what really helped me to move on.