A Tough Life

heather - El Mirage, Arizona

I’m always thinking about my goals and dreams for the future hoping they come true. My parents are always asking me what I want in life and what I’d like to accomplish someday. I told her that I want to be a pediatrician that works with little kids or a high school math teacher. She told me if I really want to be that I’m goanna have to work hard for it. I’ve always had a hard time making friends and was made fun of all through Dysart Elementary school. People always said that I was ugly and that I was stupid because I was in resource. People were just thought that they were cooler then me and they called and made rumors about me that I was a lesbian and that I like girls. Each day at that school I would come home crying, always sat by myself and I was always so upset because nobody wanted to get to know me or even give me a chance to show that how great of a person I was. I hated it so much wondering why I would I would deserve this and that it wasn’t fair everyone else got a chance but not me. I’ve always had a hard time fitting in and always wanted to I felt like I would belong somewhere. Now that I’m older I’ve realized that I really don’t deserve these people and know that they should just like me for who I am. Just thinking about it I get scared when I think about how fast I grew up. I really don’t want to leave my parents but I know I’m going to have a life of my own someday. All that I’m going to say is enjoy your life now because if you don’t make yourself happy then who will. You also won’t have to struggle as much when you’re happy with what you’re doing .Now I know who I am and that this life is about you so make yourself happy or there is not point in doing whatever you do. I believe that you shouldn’t care what others think of you because you’re the only one who can make your hopes and dreams come true. I believe that these are my dreams and beliefs in my life.