To Forgive Or not to Forgive

Heather - Placerville, California
Themes: forgiveness

To Forgive or not to Forgive.

I believe in the power of forgiveness. Being who I am today has a lot to do with who I was able to forgive in my past, and who I will be able to forgive in my future. The first time I ever had to forgive someone was when I was only six years old. It was Christmas time and my school, Theodore Judah Elementary, was having performances by the kids, for the parents. Since I was in Kindergarten, I was the first class up to sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. During the whole song I was looking around the audience for my dad, but I never found him. After my song had ended, I had to call my mommy to come and pick me up later that night. The next time I had to face my dad with tears in my eyes I told him I forgave him, even though It actually took me way longer to really get over it.

In the mean time while I was trying to get over my dad’s negligence I held the grudge all in me. When I realized that I was just making myself feel bad for another person’s guilt. I let it go and gave it back to him and I have not gone back to that memory since

I’m grateful that I had to learn to let things go. Forgiveness has helped me to become a stronger individual.

I believe in the power of forgiveness. Being able to forgive someone is on of the best qualities you could possibly own. It has taught me a lot about other people and about myself as well.