Fear is the Villain

Emily - Placerville, California

I believe in fighting fear with all you’ve got. It’s this dark cloud that over throws us and seeps into our murkiest thoughts. As we reach for the light it sometimes tops us abruptly and sucks us back I to doubt. Fear many times creates a blockade in this adventurous path called life.

Over my high school years, I have, like many others, used the experiences in my life as stepping stones on the goal to find myself discovery. Throughout many life experiences I’ve had and people who have touched my life along the way, I’ve come to the conclusion to live this life of mine out to the fullest. How? Squeeze every little drop you can out from this fruit of life!

“High School years are the best years of your life”, they always say. Well, let’s take this kid for example, you know the one that never talks in class, the one that lives the “normal life”. The kid that wakes up every morning with the same ol’ routine; gets dressed, eats, goes to school, comes home, does homework, and goes to bed. Then there is that other kid. The one that changes every day up. The kid that with his own free will tries new things and maybe touches other’s lives while doing it. That second kid has enough power with I his to beat the villain, fear. Gives life all he’s got with the time he has. If everyone lived this way, with an open mind set to crush fear on their way to accomplishing great things, regret would be unfathomable. I believe in fighting fear with all you’ve got.