Is he there?

Drew - Surprise, Arizona

People say god is everywhere. He’s all around us. I never see him. Then I think am I suppose to? Does he not want me to see him? Am I not godly enough? Do I reach his expectations? What are his expectations? I was taught Jesus died on the cross for our sins. So does that mean that God is sending me to heaven? My heart is only 99% devoted to God. I want my relationship to be strong with god. Then I think “hasn’t God done me wrong”. My father died in my arms when I was ten. I’m court ordered not to see my mom. Maybe he does those things for a reason or a purpose. For what I wonder.

This I believe: God has his cruel ways of getting our attention. I could me wrong. Maybe he sees us but we don’t see him, maybe we do. One of my favorite songs says “what if God was one of us, just a stranger on a bus.” Maybe that statement is right. People say they’ve seen god. People ask “what did he look like?” and they say “a flashing light”. I don’t think that was God. If God wanted you to see him, you wouldn’t know if you did.

He truly loves us all. He will be sadden by your bad life decisions, but he will respect them. He will be respectful of your choice to go to Heaven or Hell. God works in mysterious ways. Does he?

I think he makes miracles everyday. Without the acknowledge of people. Like the birth of a baby, or having a total Atheist go to church for the first time. I think he knows when you are losing your faith. He tries his best to restore it. He tries his best to restore it. Sometimes it doesn’t work. He still loves all his creations.

I still wonder if he sends angels to protect us. Who does he protect do they protect me? Some questions remain unanswered. Maybe he wants us to wonder. Does he do it on purpose? He wants to be unnoticed when he walks among us. What matters is that he loves us. We have our doubts, but in the end he still amazes us in everyway. He loves all of us. He is there, what do I have to doubt?