Power of Prayer

Delight - Rexburg, Idaho
Themes: setbacks

On October 12, 2007 a close friend and great member of the community was faced with death. On her way home from college, she was in a car accident. At the moment of this accident, the world went silent to many. The doctors painfully informed us that she would not make it through the night. It was then that I realized how fragile life really was. More prayers were said in our community than ever before in a single night, but those prayers were answered.

I was given the opportunity to visit the hospital three days after the accident. What doctors had said was false. An incredible miracle had occurred. My dear friend was still alive. Months of waiting made family and friends anxious, but continuous in their faith for her recovery. The prayers continued, and this incredible girl was healing.

After five months of recovering in the intensive care unit, our friend was released. Countless surgeries and endless doctor appointments brought back the face of this girl we once knew. Although she does not look the same, the spirit she had before still remains.

I learned through this experience that miracles can happen. The power of prayer is stronger than any medicine you could take. God hears and answers our prayers. I believe it was the prayers of her family and friends that healed this young woman. It was those prayers that guided the doctors in their work, that kept her body going, and that gave her loved ones the courage to keep believing. She is now alive and well. With only few surgeries to go, her body will be one again.