Being Passionate

Stephen - Roscoe, Illinois

Being Passionate

I believe in being passionate with anything that you do in life. Whether it’s writing about something you believe in or cooking dinner for the family. It could be playing basketball with some friends or expressing your love unto another. Whatever it is that you choose in life be passionate about it. Being passionate towards something encompasses your whole heart, your whole soul, your whole being. Win or lose, good or bad, whatever the outcome is, all that matters is that you threw yourself into what you were doing. You must not concern yourself with other people’s opinions because passion is an expression of the self totally and completely. This is what being passionate is all about.

I am passionate about love. Not exactly romance but more so affection. Love for humanity, love for life, love for love. When I see beauty, hear it, smell it, feel it, in whatever form it takes, there is a desire that springs up in me to satiate myself with that beauty. To take in all that beauty to the point where I am so filled that it projects from every pore of my body so that all those around me may see what I see, hear what I hear, feel what I feel, love what I love. When I was a child beauty would often come to me in the form of nature. As a child I was often alone in not only company but also my outlook upon life. At that time and still to this day I considered life to be simplistic and easy to understand. There are no complexities, no mysteries to unravel. There is just the beauty of nature to behold.

Up in the mountains of Colorado where the air is clean and smells of wild flowers, lives a tree that I took to every day, even in the snowy winter. I would climb up this tree and eventually come to an opening within its branches and stare out across the valley I once lived in. The moment I looked out upon this valley my breath would catch in my lungs and my heart would stop beating; it was so beautiful. I would see blue sky painted with puffy, white clouds. I would see green grass all across the valley, swaying in the wind so that it looked as if the ground was shivering. I would see trees everywhere, almost as many trees as there are stars in the sky. Seeing all this would send chills down my spine and I would let it smother me until it felt as if breathing was impossible. I wanted to be consumed by all of it, to throw myself into this beauty. This is being passionate.

Be passionate with anything that you do in life. Do not fear giving yourself up completely to your passion. Let yourself become submerged in it. Hold nothing back. This I believe.