dalton i believe

Nicole - el mirage, Arizona
Themes: love, setbacks

Everyone meets the one special person that runs away with your heart; and I have found mine. His name is Dalton; I met him in sixth grade. We were young at the time, we “dated” on and off until the end of sixth grade. Dating at that age was nothing compared to older people dating. It was just a label as in his girlfriend or her boyfriend. Dalton and mine’s friendship became brittle by the end of sixth grade. Seventh grade came around and funny to say he never crossed my mind once. Eighth grade flew fast, made my best friends, and looked forward to my high school future. Well, half way around February at a basketball game. Watching my two best friends cheer and me up in the stands, I had both of their phones, I decided to entertain myself and came across Dalton’s number in my friend’s phone. I texted him, to my surprise he replied. He asked me to meet him outside. I didn’t go until the game was over. I told my friends and they both grabbed me and took me outside. There, Dalton and I talked, he skateboarded, I walked. My friends stood on the side watching and saw the connection between us. Everything after that is history. We dated for awhile; he ended up cheating on me twice. He broke up with me; I broke up with him back and forth until my freshman year in high school; my second semester. We fell apart and decided to end it. The time I was with him, I fell in love with him. I grew to know him better then he even knew himself. He didn’t do very well in school, as a boy he did get in trouble. Let’s face it, no one’s perfect. He did cheat on me, lied to me. We did brake up all the time, but I never asked for a prince charming. Nothing he ever did made me love him less and that is a fact.

Today is May 6, 2009. We have only talked twice since we broke up; you should know that I still love him and I always will. It was true love not what kids throw around when they’re in a relationship, it was different. I honestly don’t think anyone will ever see what I see in him. I don’t see that he is a bad boyfriend or a bad kid. What I do see is a boyfriend that will mess up sometimes and a good human-being that will make mistakes. I think he could touch the sky if he wanted too. What I am trying to say is I believe in Dalton. He can be a great friend, boyfriend, and man with the ability to love someone truly. He can run after his dreams and catch them, but he has to try. He can graduate from any school if he applies himself as well as being anything he wants to be. Dalton I believe.