Dreams do come true

Arielle - BluePoint, New York

I believe that dreams do come true. I really want to be a pastry chef or a model in the future. Friends, family, and basically everyone always say to me “Why a pastry chef? Why not just be a regular chef?” I always answer back “I love to bake and then afterwards I would probably get to eat what I make.” Modeling is a different story. I’m tall enough to go on runway for modeling and I have the figure to just model in general. For me modeling would be fun and a great experience. It would help in the future a lot and also help my family. Everyone has a dream that they want to come true no matter how big, small, easy, or difficult.

I have wanted to model ever since I was in eighth grade because I was scouted to be a model when I was at my friends in a mall.

Now I’m in ninth grade and still want my dream as a model to come true and it has. My friends went to the mall one day and signed up to get a free make-up kit, but they had no idea that they were actually signing up to try out for a modeling agency. They had no idea if they actually wanted to do it or not, but in the end they did and they brought me along with them. We went to the place and filled out everything we had to fill out and also give them a picture of us so they could attach it to the paper. Now we are just waiting for them to call me and my two other friends. We were waited about an hour for them to call us and they finally did. We go and get interviewed by this women name Dee Sands. She was the most sweetest and funniest person I have ever met. At first we felt all tense and nervous, but once we started talking to her it all went away. We were having a blast during the interview, we were just having fun which normally doesn’t happen to some people for a modeling interview. She called me a tree, my other friend a bush, and my other friend Ms. Thang. We had no idea what she was talking about, but we just went with it. When we were done we said our good-byes and left.

Two days later me and April (Bush) were called and told that we made it in! We were freaking out because of it and april got the call at like 6 p.m. while I got it at 11:30 p.m. so before that I was so nervous that I wasn’t going to make it, but in the end I did.

Dreams really do come true if you try hard enough to achieve it. Modeling was my one big dream that I really wanted to accomplish in my life and I had. I tried my hardest during the whole time I was being interviewed. Now I’m really happy and I will actually be modeling with my friend. Any dream or goal can come true as long as you try your best to achieve it and as long as you still believe that it will come true.