relax

Rachel - Bayport, New York

I believe everyone needs a place to relax. All day everyday.

The beach is my getaway. Here on Long Island we are surrounded by water. My house is just steps away from the Great South Bay. Whenever I am in a bad mood I walk down to the docks and just look out on the water. It’s nice to feel the wind in your hair, hear the waves slap the sand, and see boats accelerate across the water. Every summer all my friends and I do is take day trips to the beach. We wake up around 10 in the morning, get on our bathing suits and sunscreen, pack a Jan sport with clothes, and squeeze in a car to take the ferry. Sometimes we even take our own boats with our families and meet up at Davis Park. After we arrive we look forward to sunburn, food, fun, and the ocean. I love lying out on my beach towel all day and hanging out with my friends. That is relaxing to me.

My dad has tough days too. He needs to get away and relax sometimes. When he needs to relax he rides his bike down to the beach. My dad loves watching people put there boats in the water by the docks. He also loves driving his own boat. A productive way he relaxes is mowing the lawn. He can sit on his ride on mower all day. He also washes his car, everyday. My neighbors make fun of him all the time. That car is his prized possession

Everyone should be able to feel relaxed. Life is hard sometimes. Every day you should go to a quiet place, sit in a nice comfy chair, and “chill”. Watching your favorite movie, listening to music, or even playing a sport you love. Anything that helps you relax is good. Take time out of your day and just rest.