Art Can Change a Person’s Life

Joe - Bayport, New York

Fluent strokes, steady hand, paint on the brush. These phrases simplify into one three letter word… Art. Without this simple little word, the world and a human’s life would have no meaning. Art can change a person’s life.

Like many other people, art gave me a new perspective on life. I always had the talent, but I didn’t discover my best work until 8th grade. Being a 9th grader, I still have much to learn about my talent, but I know how powerful it can be. People say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, they are wrong. A picture is worth a thousand words and more. What I mean is, when you look at a piece of art, what do you do? Do you question it? Do you admire it? Or do you aspire to be like the artist who created it? As you can see, art leaves you with questions to answer just by looking at it. Imagine how you must feel when you are creating it.

Art speaks in many forms. It could be on paper or it could be its own foundation. It could be a sculpture that speaks its own way, or it can be a painting on a canvas that needs to be interoperated. Art can be simple or intricate. Maybe even a combination between the two. Art can also show different moods. Depending on the artist’s mood, he will/she will use different shades, colors, and tones. For example, if the artist is in a bad mood, he’ll/she’ll use darker colors and tones to show his emotion or to get his/her point across.

I feel that some people don’t respect art. They think that it is just some hobby people do when they are bored. Or even that it is a boring class in school that they hate because they aren’t good at it. Think of it this way, if there was no art, what would life be like? Think of that question for a while and then you’ll see that without art, the world would be a desolate pile of rocks. No history, no science, no way to teach. You would soon realize that we need art in order to make diagrams and pictures in textbooks. The reason why we evolved faster than any other animal may as well be because of art.

Art gave me something to believe in and I hope that you and I never forget that. There is a whole side of art that many people don’t even realize. Art is truly a wonder yet to be fully discovered.