true strength, from the heart.

Cody - El Mirage, Arizona

I believe that true strength comes from personal experiences. Sure, you can be a “tough guy”, being popular with all the girls and hosting all the great parties. But when you have a life changing experience you have to go through, you show real strength. This is what happened and changed me. This is what I believe.

Remember when you had a Birth day party with all your friends and family? And you had that big cake with your name on it? You would sit there listening to every one sing you happy birthday, smiling and soaking in the moment, when some one would say, Okay, now blow out the candles, and make a wish! Well I knew what I wanted to wish for. It’s the same thing I wished for many birthdays before.

When I was little, all I wanted was a Dad. My real dad left before I was born. My mom raised me alone, and taught me valuable life skills. And the day she met the man that would be in our lives for years changed my life. I finally had the thing I always wanted, and yet, there always was a void at home. As the years passed, my parents divorced. Even though that happened a while ago, I sometimes think of the times we had. What I had experienced was pure disappointment, and I needed strength to help me over come this sadness.

This experience has changed me in more ways than one. It shows that since I overcame this problem, nothing can stop me now. Even now I think about how this has changed my Mom and me. It has made her stronger to. Even though I had my heart broken by this event, I’m sure my Moms heart was shattered. I know she wanted me to be happy, and that man was the only thing that would change it. As time has passed, I have developed a strong relation ship with my mom; I am now the man of the house, after all. This event has shaped me in more ways than one. It taught me that true strength comes from the heart. ThisI believe.