I believe that people learn from personal experinces

cody - surprise, Arizona

I believe that people learn from personal experiences that affect the way they live. People are always talking about life changing experiences. I myself have had plenty. I’m sure everyone has had at least a few. Three of my personal experiences that affected and will affect the way I live are getting my stuff stolen, seeing what happens to my sisters when they are mistreated, and football.

Getting my stuff stolen has changed certain things I do. I used to leave my phone and I-pod in my back pack. I got an I-touch for Christmas and brought it to school. I had it for four days before I left my back pack for two minutes, got back, and it was gone. A few months after that I was in the locker room. While I was changing instead of taking something from my back pack someone took the whole thing. Now my I-pod is always clipped at my waist and my back pack hasn’t left my sight.

I grew up with my two sisters and my mom. Having sisters in high school while your growing up can be a pain but it also has it’s benefits. One of those benefits is I learned is how to treat women. I have seen what happens to the girls and their families when guys lie, abuse, and cheat. Witnessing that first hand has taught me what not to do. That will affect me for the rest of my life.

My personal experiences with football have taught me many lessons. Some of those are self discipline, respect, and how to prioritize my life. Self discipline will help me greatly for the rest of my life. Respecting coaches and players on the field teaches you how to respect everyone off the field. Prioritizing my life will probably help me more than anything. It helps me keep my grades up in school and stay out of trouble. It also makes me want to work harder so I have opportunities for scholarships.

Getting my stuff stolen, seeing what happens to my sisters, and footballs have all changed my life. I think what happens in your life kind of defies you. It makes you who you are. When bad things happen to you they might seem horrible at first but look at what you learn and see how it will help you in the long run. People learn from personal experiences in their life, this I believe.