Our Destiny Does NOT Await Us

Kenrick - Westminster, Colorado

Control Freak: someone who needs to command everything around them. This could also include swaying someone else and dictating their actions. Though hard to spot, everyone should be wary of them.

I was talking to my friend after school in the band room, waiting to be picked up. My girlfriend was on my peripheral vision as I talked, and saw her walk away. A few moments later I followed her and saw she was crying.

“What’s wrong”, I asked.

She shook her head as I repeated my question and she replied, “You weren’t talking to me and I wanted to talk.”

I took this in and anger started building up inside me. I was always with her and never talked or hung out with my friends anymore. I never got time to myself anymore, unless I was asleep. I wanted to tell her off and say she’s just being immature and needs to do other things, than just always be with me. Instead, I hid my anger and mumbled, “Sorry”. But as we were leaving the band room to go home I had one thought: I’m done with relationships.

Control Freak: someone who needs to control everything around them. This could also include controlling someone else and dictating their actions. Though hard to spot, everyone should be wary of them. These people could take control of others lives and decide what that person can, or cannot do, even if it’s a small decision. These decisions should be left up not too the controller because, it is not their life. Life is what we make of it, not what someone else makes of it, and we as individuals should be able to decide that.

Our lives and decisions are not pre-destined but instead are left up to each of us as individuals, to determine what to do with it. To do that though we must take the initiative to take charge of our own lives and not let someone else make those decisions for us. We must be able to take whatever chances in life we want too take. We must be able to make or lives what we want to make them, to accomplish what goals we want to achieve in this one life that we each have.

Many people do not step up to the plate and do not make these decisions for themselves, but instead wait for someone else to do it for them. Instead these people should be making these decisions and be asking for help from people along the way. But they must not get ahead of themselves. They could fall back to waiting for someone else to do the deciding for them; or they could start trying to control someone else and their life. Do not make that life decision; do not follow down that evil path; do not become a control freak.