I Believe in Having Fun!

Evan - Magnolia, Arkansas
Themes: pleasure

Working, spending time with family, and having fun are several things we do in life, but the one that I believe is most important is having fun. Many people do not have enough fun in life and always are worrying about work or other problems. People should never forget the responsibilities they have, but, on the other hand, they should try to squeeze in some fun. Relieving stress, creating strong relationships, and making wonderful memories are several reasons why having fun is important.

There are many ways people relieve stress, but the most popular way is to have fun. When having fun, one does not have to schedule it or put limits on how much fun can be enjoyed in one day. To relieve stress, one does not have to drive for ten hours to the beach or spend thousands of dollars. Sometimes all it takes is spending time with friends and family right down the road. Life is too short to be exasperated all the time, so the best thing to do is to get rid of stress as fast as possible, and having fun is a good way to do that.

Second, having fun builds new relationships and makes existing ones even stronger. People enjoy being around someone who is fun and loves to have a good time. There are not many occasions when people like to be around someone who is boring and would rather have a bad time. Recently I went to the funeral of a family friend who loved to have a good time. He was only 65, but I don’t believe he would regret any of the time he spent with his family and friends, and I know nobody regrets spending time with him.

Last, some of the greatest memories are made when having fun. One of the reasons I remember the countless hours that I spent on the football practice field is not solely because of how many games my team won or who scored the most points. I remember all the fun that I had with my friends and the memories that we made there. Many people try to forget when something has gone wrong or terribly bad, but when they have fun, they want to remember that event for the rest of their lives.

Playing baseball, being with friends, running, golfing, and many other activities can be a way to experience fun. I cannot imagine going through life without having fun, and there are many reasons why. To relieve stress, create strong relationships, and make memories are just a few reasons to make life fun.