My Love

Manuela - Phoenix,Az 85009, Arizona

I have not fully lived my life yet. I still have a lot to live and grow; as a person. I met my boyfriend Jesus about six years ago. I was about thirteen years old. When I first met him he was going out with an acquaintance. I remember the day I met him, I thought he was cute yet I disliked how I heard he was toward the girl he was previously involved with, personality wise. Soon after they’d broken up and we started talking and I instantly fell head over heels for him; I liked his personality always humorous. I then came to the conclusion that he must have not liked his ex girlfriend that much because with me he was a total different person from what I had heard. I then talked to him about it and he confirmed it that it was true he didn’t like her; she was too clingy and tried braking it off with her numerous times.

For about two years, we went out off an on up until my first year of high school. That’s when our relationship started getting a tad bit serious; he talked to my parents to get there approval in a sense and to have them aware that he had good intentions with me and would like to take me out; and date on a serious note. Four years later were still together, I’m getting ready to graduate and go forward with my future plans along side him. He’s my love because all these years he’s been there physically and emotionally, to help me in any way possible; I’ve always been able to count on him, to me that means a lot. It says that he’s a caring and genuine person that also puts others ahead of himself. I don’t think that many people would do that; for example at times I’ve noticed that I could be selfish unlike him were a bit different in personalities but like they say opposites attract and I believe it’s true, especially when talking about my love.

In all relationships there’s up and downs, good and bad times; but what ‘s made me a better person in our relationship is that whatever issue we come across we talk it out. In the past I’ve had trust issues with him. I wanted to make sure I could trust him. I was afraid to get hurt. Now I’ve realized that he truly is in love with me; he’s proved it to me all this time and it was me that didn’t quite realize it. He was in front of me the whole time, and I now see it. I don’t know what the future holds for us but I know as well as he does that we love each other and want to be together.

All these years I believed I’ve matured a lot; our relationship was formed from two strangers to friends to lovers. There’s a quote that reminds me of how I fell in love with my love, “ Meeting Jesus was fate becoming his friend was a choice, but falling in love with him was beyond my control.” It means a lot to me because I couldn’t help my feelings for him. Jesus is my love and I love him, this I believe.

Also