Guardian Angels

Hillary - Fort Worth, Texas

A guardian angel is an angel assigned to protect and guide a particular person. I believe in guardian angels.

When I was little, my mother gave me a little silver angel pin to wear to my first day of kindergarten. I really was not sure what it was and so she explained to me that it was a guardian angle that would watch over me on my first day of school to help me if I got scared. I ended up wearing that little pin for the first week of school because it made me feel more secure. This was my first experience with the concept of a guardian angel, but would not be my last. In time I would learn that I actually have one.

In 1993, my family seemed to have been cursed. In a matter of 7 months, my grandmother passed away, my dad passed away and our house burned down in an arsonist fire. It seemed as though nothing was going right. My mom now had to take on the role of two parents to my brother and me and begin plans to rebuild our house. Needless to say it was very stressful for everyone. My mom and I had dreams about my dad telling us that everything would be ok and to continue to go on with our lives as normally as possible. In one circumstance my mother was so overwhelmed that she went and lay down on her bed and started crying. Suddenly out of nowhere she felt a kiss on her cheek when nobody was in the room with her. Ever since this instance she has told me that she knows my dad is her guardian angel. She always feels as though he is watching over us and looking out for us.

At 18, I went to see a median. He was supposedly a link between the present and afterlife. I was completely skeptical of the whole idea but my mom thought that it would be good for me considering everything that went on when I was 8. In the session that I had with him, he told me that a tall and large man with a mustache wanted to let me know that he was watching over me. If you knew my dad, you would know that the description fit him perfectly. It was a very strange hour that I had with this man, but he kept persisting in telling me that my dad wanted to let me know that everything was going to work out in my life and that when I got down, to have faith in the fact that he was watching over me. I knew then that my dad was my guardian angel.

It is hard to sometimes have faith in things when they go badly or not as planned. Many people turn to different outlets to channel these feelings. I was fortunate enough to have positive people in my life so I would not end up going down the wrong path. One of these was the faith in knowing that even though at times it may not seem like it; that I have someone watching over me. This is why I believe in guardian angels.