The Game of My Life

Tyler - Magnolia, Arkansas
Themes: pleasure, sports

What sport involves shooting a gun at people and not getting in trouble? The answer is paintball, an extreme sport of today’s time. People play paintball every day. I started playing when I was thirteen; I’m seventeen now and haven’t stopped playing yet. Paintball is one of my passions. I love everything about it; if I could, I would play paintball every moment of the day. I believe in playing paintball because it builds great relationships, involves physical exercise, and makes memories.

When I play paintball, I’m always communicating with other players. Paintball is a very good way to meet new people. I’ve gained many my friends playing my hobby. In a single day of playing, it’s very hard for me to not make at least one friend, if not more. I’m constantly joining teams and having fun with a new person, which in the end creates a new relationship among new people. The constant traveling and playing with new people is a dream; I wouldn’t trade anything in the world for the relationships with people I’ve gained through paintball.

Paintball is a great form of exercise, and exercise means everything to me. Why not participate in a sport, that I love, and still achieve my desired exercise. Paintball is a great form of exercise. I’m constantly running up and down the field; I’m diving in between bunkers; I’m shooting like a mad man; all this has its own way of working the body out. This is a great form of conditioning. Exercise is good for my body, and when I’m playing paintball, I don’t even feel that I’m exercising. All I feel is my having fun and goofing off with my fellow teammates.

Making memories that are worthwhile is what life is composed of. Diving behind bunkers, running up the field, and shooting as fast as I can, I’ve made tons of memories, some good and some bad, but every one of them has a story to go along with it. When I won my last rookie tournament and moved up into the semi-pro level, that’s one of the happiest moments of my life. I’m not just going to forget it. When I broke my nose playing in a tournament, it was a bad experience, but I’m not going to forget how it happened. I’m going to learn how to keep it from happening again. Paintball is an excellent way for a person to make wonderful memories. What I will remember in fifty years will be influenced by my passion.

I’ve learned through many endeavors in my life that without paintball, I’m missing something that completes me. I believe in playing paintball because it’s an excellent way to build relationships and meet new people, it has tremendous opportunities for exercise, and it’s one of the best ways I’ve found so far to make memories. Through my four years of playing, I have managed to gain some of life’s most valuable lessons. Paintball is my life, my belief. What better is there to believe in?