Forever Is Not Long Enough

Auze - Magnolia, Arkansas
Themes: love

To quote the musical words of TheDarkness, “I believe in a thing called love.” Many may disagree with me on this statement, but I have experienced the fabled one, true love and would never trade it for the largest material treasure, for true love is the most valuable treasure one can behold.

Yes, I believed I was in love before, but after growing weary of each boy’s presence, I realized they were not whom I desired to be with. This changed in April 2008. My friend Elizabeth decided I needed a boyfriend. I was not dissatisfied with my current status, but I gave her the satisfaction of trying for a relationship. She believed Grant was just the guy for me. I had seen him around but, being an introvert (much unlike him), I never made any real effort to speak to him except in a single chance encounter when he addressed me first. Contrary to our initial situation, phone calls were made, plans created and carried out, and as fate would have it, we became the perfect couple.

I stand firm in my never-ceasing love for Grant. I knew from the very start I would spend the rest of my life with him and could tell the premonition was mutual. I spent every waking moment thinking of him; however, that is not what made me realize he was the one for me. It was the fact that he was the only person on my mind at all times. I make sure to clarify this, for it could otherwise be mistaken as lust, which it most certainly is not.

The difference between love and lust is prominent. Many may not agree with this statement; however, there are many ways to distinguish between the two. When one is in love, he or she will, as previously stated, think of that one person continuously. Each enjoys the other’s personality and does not expect the other to change, but both will also strive to better themselves for the benefit of the other. When people can enjoy simply sitting with their significant other, true love is in the air. Last, but undoubtedly not least, people know they are in love by the excited and ecstatic feeling they experience when they are around each other, or even when they simply think of their next encounter with the other.

All rules of true love apply to me and Grant, and it thrills me to know I will have him forever. From the beginning of Grant’s and my relationship and for the rest of my life, I thank Elizabeth for bringing me such happiness. Love can come at the oddest times, in the oddest places, and from the oddest people; but true love is not a mere fantasy – this I know, and this I do strongly believe.