I believe that violence is related to video games

Moatesy - estacada, Oregon

There is plenty of violence in video games. You kill people, as part of the game, for rewards, or just for the fun of it. There is blood and gore, almost every game involves killing something or someone, in someway shape or form. Like in Mario, you kill almost every one you come in contact with, except Peach. Although in Mario you just stomped on there heads, where as in more recent games your task to kill people is carried out with swords, grenades, knifes, guns and other projectile weapons. Death by these weapons is also a little more drastic then in Mario, instead of getting flattened, or bounced off the screen, now they usually leave a blood trail, get body parts shot off, or get blown up into a fine pink mist.

Even though I believe that videogames and violence are related, however what I’m talking about is violence in video games. Violence in real life isn’t related to videogames, unless someone is a poor loser. If anything it would be a release from tensions in reality, not cause them. If someone loses on a video game and feels like they should go out and kill people, they were destined to go out and kill people some day. They were bound to be set off. Just because video games are new and violent they are getting a bad rep. For instance when rock first came out, for at least a decade it was considered the devils music. They thought it was evil, that it caused people to “turn bad,” or become rebellious toward there parents, but that wasn’t true either

So the point I am trying to get across is that basically any form of media could be considered “bad” or “evil” depending on who listens to it. And when I say any kind of media I mean any kind of media. Movies, for example, if someone was to kill allot of people while wearing a black trench coat, carrying a lot of guns, and have sunglasses on. You could say oh well he watched the Matrix, or realize, hey this guy was just prone to snap. Who knows what would have set him off? Now what about people who read couldn’t they read a book full of things like death, killing, and incest, and then go kill some people?

The only lives that I believe that media endangers are the actors, directors, publishers, authors, and developers. Why? because if they make a crappy product some one might feel like taking back the time they had lost playing, reading, watching, or listening to the product released by these people. So yes violence is related to video games, just violence in video games is not related to real life violence. Just to reinforce what I said earlier, just because some kids play grand theft auto four they aren’t going to go around shooting people and stealing cars and motor bikes. So how people relate videogame violence to real life violence is beyond me.