My Life

Chris - El MIrage, Arizona

I believe you should hold on tight to who you have. Because you never know when they might go. You never know, anyone can go to sleep and never wake up. I’ve had a couple people pass away in my life, and I never really told them bye.

When I was just a little kid, maybe 3 or 4 years old. We received news that my mom’s brother had died in his sleep. Yes I was young, but I knew what death was. And I saw my mom’s pain and tears. He was way too young to go, barley in his 20’s. I never really talked to him or knew him. It was a tragic moment.

About seven years ago, my uncle “Bud’ died of cancer. I wasn’t told about it until he was almost gone. And if I remember correctly, the last time I talked to him was in Texas. He had lost 2 fingers, I think, and he was trying to make a joke. He said picking your nose, makes your fingers fall of. So for the longest time, I was afraid to pick my nose. Anyways, he ended up dying in the hospital. My Aunt and the whole family were devastated by his death.

And finally, about four years ago, my Grandpa had a heart attack. He had a job in New Mexico, and he just had a heart attack on the job. It wasn’t his first, but it was the most devastating one he had. I didn’t lose him, he is still alive today, but he did come close. He died twice in the helicopter, but they were able to bring him back. It just wasn’t his time to go. And I am close to my Grandpa, so if he went, it would have struck me hard. He is now using these oxygen tanks every once in a while to help him breathe. Hopefully he lives a lot longer.

So, if you have anyone you love, make sure everyday you stop to let them know you love them. Don’t be the person regretting the chance to tell them bye. You just never know if they will leave you. This is believe.