Don’t judge a book by it’s cover

Marcus` - lakeland, Florida

When I first came to Mckeel Academy as a sixth grader, I didn’t know anyone. Once I got into the sixth grade hallway, I saw others talking to their friends and having fun with each other. You can say that once I only knew about 5 or six people in the entire hallway. I learned a very important lesson during my years at mckeel. That lesson was not to jus people by the way they look; or by what other people say.

Once I got to my first period class, I was to be seated next to this funny looking girl. I was not happy that I had to sit next to a funny looking girl. I specifically told the teacher that I did not want to sit there. Still, she sat me there. When the class period was over, I saw the same girl go to her friends, they were all funny looking. I told myself that I didn’t want to talk to them at all. As the days went by, we ended having this project to do; I had to do for a grade / doing the project with here allowed me to get to know her better. I realized that she was actually a cool person. And here I thought all along that she was weird because she was funny wired because of the way she looked.

I felt the same exact way about Mrs. Whitley. I knew w from the very first day I saw her that I wouldn’t like. Every time I saw her I would always just brush her so she wouldn’t talk to me. I knew this made her upset, but I didn’t car e at all. All my friends did not like her either, so why should I? They would come to and tell me all the stories about how mean she is and she never sees the problem your way. I took those stories into consideration and decided not to talk to her at all. Until one day I was I sent to the office for something I did. Every single person in the office looked at me as the wrong person especially Mrs Powel, except Mrs Whitley. I couldn’t believe it. I always thought that she was a one-sided person. She turned out to be a good mentor to me and I ended up going to her for every problem that I had.

From these two situations, I believe that we should not ever judge people before we get to know the,. It is not fair to those who are actually good people and want to get to know you. But it will never happen if you continue to judge them because of what other say. This quote has always guided me when I am in a situation where I’m meeting new people.