I Believe in Love for Self.

Brittney - Fort Smith, Arkansas

I Believe that true Happiness is found in a Love for Self.

I have always possessed a Love for Myself. This was a love for my passions, my hobbies, my talents, and other abilities. Since I was a little girl, I have appreciated each gift that God gave me more than anything. You see, I’ve always been an avid fan of individuality.

To have my own identity, to have my own goals, and my own beliefs were things to embrace and love. With a love for self comes peace. The ability to accept change and disappointment ultimately are based upon self-esteem and self-worth. Having the will power to accept these difficulties is crucial to obtaining happiness.

There are many aspects of my life that make me happy; but at the end of every day, I realize that my happiness does not come from a significant other, my bank account, or my career. My happiness comes from knowing that spiritually and mentally I am sound and accepting of who I am as a whole; my faults my imperfections and also my strengths and inner beauty.

In loving myself, is guaranteed success along with happiness.

The Love that I have for others, my career, and my accomplishments are all just reflections of the love that I have for myself. Such a love is the foundation of every part of success and prestige. I am able to hold my head high at any moment good or bad, because inside I know that regardless of the end result of any situation; I have myself something that I love.

To love myself first, is the key part of a positive future.

Love for Self is not a last resort. It is the first and the only resort. No fame can shadow personal affliction, no dollar amount can heal low-self esteem, and no other person will ever be perfect enough to compliment my shortcomings. Having a love for self insures that I go into every situation with stability, trust, and confidence. It insures that I’ll leave every situation with compassion, forgiveness, and hope.

This I believe.