Picking fresh vegetables from the garden

Hugh - waverly, Tennessee

We need to go back to the old ways of living. There is just to many additives, preservatives, and chemicals in our diets today. In today’s world by the time food is harvested and its any where from one too three weeks before it gets put on the store shelves, and it will set there another thirty days until pulled.

More people are going back to growing their own garden for fresh fruits, vegetables, and

herbs threw the summer. Everyone can tell fresh foods from the garden make the meals taste better. Even people in the big city’s are turning out in droves at their local farmer’s market for the variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

You don’t have to live in the country to enjoy fresh produce in some of your super

markets now you have a fresh or locally grown isle to shop through.

Organically grown food by a local farmer is a combination that is hard to bet. Don’t be

afraid of organic food it might be a little more pricey on the shelf but what is it worth to have pesticides ,artificial fertilizers,and chemical preservatives off of your dinner plate and out of your glass of juice.

I think organic growers take more pride in their fields and gardens because after all the

certification process that they go threw just to be able to sell organic foods is more of a hassle than just throwing some fertilize down and spraying some chemical pesticides.

But there is just nothing like going to your garden and picking your fresh vegies from the

vine. Knowing there is no chemicals or polluting to worry about. Although we will still give them a good rinse or I’ll just wipe it off on my shirt if I’m in a hurry to eat it.

Back to the old ways, eat fresher foods that taste grate and are better for your health.

You will win all the way around.