Justin - camden, Tennessee

I believe that there are many things that you can learn going down the road of life. Say maybe that you are a hunter and you coon hunt of duck hunt you can learn a lot from your dogs. Or say that you are just a pet lover and have inside dogs or just have them outside in a pin you can still learn a lot from you animals.

I believe that I have learned the most in my life while I was coon hunting with my dogs. It is an amazing thing to set and listen to them hunt and hunt for something that they want so badly. Many of my life lessons I have learned in the woods. Things that my parents had been trying to tell me for weeks or maybe even months I learned them in the woods. To me the woods is like my free spot where I can go and just be me not have to worry about anything or anyone else to impress or anything like that. I have based my life off of the many adventures to the woods with my dogs and the long nights and hungry belly I always have but I kept pushing on.

My life is simple but complicated all at the same time. There have been many of nights that I would be just stressed to the max and go home load up my dogs and just take out to the woods. Thinking about things out there taught me a lot. I think back to how my dogs have to work for something that they want so badly. And then look at myself I use to think that everything should be given to me and that is not right. My dogs have to hunt until they cant hunt anymore for a coon or until they find one and they never know how long that will take them but they give it their all every time.

Unlike me I thought that everything should just be laid at my feet not so. I am know different than my best friends even thought they may stay in a pin and I live in a house we are exactly alike in many ways. They have to work hard for everything and after many of nights seeing that I changed my attitude I learned that life is not all about having everything handed to you hand fist. It is about working hard and standing up for everything that you believe in and giving it your all. By working for things in my life it has made respect myself more and also respect everything that I have now more. Yes I understand that no one can always say that they learned a life lesson form their dogs but I did. I use to be a man that expected it all to be handed straight to me and never have to work for anything, but not anymore I am happy to work a full time job and still go to school and coach a baseball team. Plus take my dogs hunting and learn from my well respected friends.

Through the years many people will tell you that you have to figure everything out on your own and for yourself well to an extent that is true but they never said a dog could not help you. Trust in the old ways do something that will make a difference in your life you will be grateful for it.