The Observer

Ashley - El Mirage, Arizona
Themes: forgiveness

Observer, That’s who I tend to be. I observe many things in life but my main thing I observe is my belief, The belief of the power to forgive. What is forgiving to me, Well forgiving means to me to forget something that has happened in your past and learn from it. When I see forgiveness I see friends forgiving each other for problems that have happened in the past. I believe forgiveness is an important part of living because you can live with no regrets, keep relationships or friendships, and can help you learn lessons in life.

I observe people who don’t live with regrets, I observe that when somebody or one of the persons friends doesn’t want to forgive the person for what has happened in the past, I observe that even though her friend or that person didn’t forgive her/him I believe she/he wont have any regrets because he/she did try and get them to forgive and she/he did do their part in trying.

I also observe that people who do forgive each other tend to keep their friendship or relationships. I observe that the relationship/friendship becomes stronger. Even though something in the past has happened I have observed that they have became closer to the person they have fought with and forgiven, because they then work together to keep their friendship/relationship keep going.

In also observing all of this, I also observe that when forgiving you learn lessons in life. People learn lessons from past experiences so they wont repeat what has happened in the past and they could know how to handle it in the near future. For example, if somebody who repeated to fight with you a second time and you forgave them the first time, you will know how to deal with it again in the future, even if it was with somebody else.

This is why I believe in the power to forgive is a hard thing to do but it is an important part of life when coming across friendships/relationships, wanting to have no regrets, and learning life lessons. Even though I haven’t had many experiences of forgiving and I am only an observer, I believe I know what forgiveness can do for my life in the present and future.