I believe in parent’s love

brittany - charlotte, Tennessee

All my life my parents have always taking good care of me. They get me anything I need or want. Even though I’m not spoiled I am just an only child. My parents always told me that they would make sure I was well took in care of. They mean the world to me. I will always love them no matter what, even when we have out fights.

I am a 18 year old college student. My parents always wanted to me to go to college. They show me everyday how proud they are of me. They help me with buying my books. They even just recently helped me get a new car that was better on gas. I pay my own car payment but they help me with the insurance. I am very thankful for them because I wouldn’t be were I am now without them. I probably would of just went to a tech school and get a degree and be done. But they told me that they would rather me go to a tech school then get my basics then go to another school and get a higher degree. If I wouldn’t of listened to them I wouldn’t be happy because I would of just settled with that, and it’s not what I really wanted.

My parents are of course like any other and they still sometimes treat me like a little kid. I’m aloud to do stuff but not everything I want. One night I sat them down and asked them if since I turn 19 this year if I could start staying with my boyfriend. They sat there and looked at me with the awfulness look that I had ever seen. Of course they said no. I like living at home but I am a full time student and I work over 40 hrs a week. I am never able to see my parents, family, friends, or my boyfriend. So I figured since they trusted me because I haven’t done anything wrong by them they would of let me. But they said no, even though we wouldn’t be sleeping in the same bed they wouldn’t allow it. I don’t want to have to move out because I like living at home. I just wish they would trust me more to let me do more.

We have our fights like any other family. But manly the arguments start with me and my mother. We are so much alike that we get jealous of each other. Because where so much alike and because we spend a lot of time together as a family.

The best thing is when I come home mom and dad both are home. I walk in the door and smell mom wonderful cooking. She thinks that a family should always have dinner together and spend the time at the table going over what happened to them that day. We are a really close family. I think when it comes time for me to grow up and move out we are going to have a really hard time. But I believe nothing is better than family love and trust. I am really thankful for my parents and I will never take anything for grantee. They thought me to never do that and I won’t. I honestly say they are the best parents anyone can ask for.