Power of parenting

Itzel - el miage, Arizona

In life, there are always people who walk in or out of people’s lives. Some for the good and some for the bad, but there are always people who will stick around and be a person to look up to. To me that person has been my mom. She has always looked out for me. My mother is one of the most influential people in my life. She has put me on the right path. If it was not for her I would probably be making bad choices and heading down the wrong path. My mom has always been there for me. One of the times I’ve needed her most was when she got a divorce with my dad. The divorce went well after time. She helped me through and was always there to make everything better. Never would you hear her say something rude or mean about my dad. My mother is one of the most admirable women in this world. She lived a hard life with two kids as a single parent, but still knew how to keep going and never forget about us. Gladly she found a good man that took care of us. He loves my mother so much that he even learned to love us as his kids as well. My mom has never stopped us from visiting my dad. Instead her and her husband now my step dad always take my sister and I to visit him. My mothers husband; Luis, has always treated us very good and with respect. My mother taught us how to love two dads at a time. I wish I could be as good of a mother some day as my mom. She’s a beautiful woman with a lot of love to give. There’s no one more caring than her. Whenever one of us is sick or not feeling well she’s always there taking care of us. My mother has also kept me from making wrong choices in my life. Sometimes I get upset at her and whine about her decisions, advice, or punishments, but then something happens or in some way I see how my moms advice or consequences benefit me, I realize there’s always a reason behind all of her decisions. Now I see there’s always a reason why she does things she does. My mom has been threw so much and is able to guide me through life. She lets me be my own person with out doubting me and not trusting me because of her past. I love my mother and I admire her and strong will. She has made me believe in the power of parenting.